Old February 3rd 05, 02:24 AM
Jesse T

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

On 2 Feb 2005 12:14:37 -0800, "The Baron du Mass" wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions?

I use Giganews so that my newsreader access, digital or otherwise, is
independent of where I access the files. Reasonable enough for the
amount they retain. Plenty of server choices.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Here's some more detail:

http://www.giganews.com

$12 gets you 10gigs of usenet downloads per month. The cyclocross
worlds is about 700M, so you have plenty of room left in the month for
extras. Their retention should have all the other cross races someone
posted over the last month or so.

I can DL from Giganews' servers at over 300Kb/s, completely maxing out a
cable connection. 20 minutes to grab Worlds?

alt.binaries.multimedia.sports is where someone posted the Worlds a few
days ago, labeled "St Wendel".

I'm on OSX , so I use a binary newsreader called Unison. Works good.
Free for a few weeks. MacPAR deluxe will unpack all the files you pull
down from Giganews. Google will find you all these things.

Thank you mystery man! Sure would be nice if someone kept doing this
through the Spring Classics for the things that OLN won't cover... One
can only hope. Five hours of Flanders? Unimaginable for us over here.

And thanks for the whole cross season, it's been great to see finally.
You've made a bunch of people really happy.