Old July 17th 17, 04:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Topping Frank's bike injury thread

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:20:15 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:
On 13/07/17 00:58, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:22:59 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

Tim, I am so glad your story has a happy-ish ending. Are your vocal
cords going to recover, or is your career covering Barry Gibb songs
over?

My ENT thinks the vocal chords will heal and improve, although I may
not get my full range back.

I have to ask -- what happened to the other guy and why the
collision? Like I have said here before, other cyclists can be a
serious hazard.

The other guy seemed to be fine (he looked to be in his late 20s).
He told my wife he was OK and told the EMTs the same. As for "why,"
I think that I was the other cyclist that was dangerous. My
recollection is that I may have cut the inside of a left-hand bend
and was still towards his side of the trail. D'oh!

Takes guts to admit to a mistake like that.

Or perhaps idiocy. My wife would vote for the latter. She would have
voted for that before the crash, now she is convinced possibly beyond
remediation.