Old June 29th 09, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone

Default Is Drillium Cool Again?

On 29 June, 01:48, Still Just Me...
wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 02:15:14 -0400, RonSonic

wrote:
http://home.comcast.net/~carlfogel/d...a_1970__0_.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~carlfogel/d...a_1970__1_.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~carlfogel/d...a_1970__2_.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~carlfogel/d...a_1970__3_.jpg

More sweet stuff. Thanks Jobst and Lee.

Yeah, this stuff is cool ... still. Probably never be a mainstream look again,
but as a functional folk art it's somewhere between rat rods and wooden boats.

Like the previous, this stuff goes past practical, to static artwork.

Drillium is very nice when the part retains functionality. When you
pass that point, it's only interesting.

Functionality does not need to be ugly. I'm all for art and function,
but not art without function. Exceptions for purely entertainment
purposes are not discouraged. I dislike the destruction of
componentry of good artistic merit, such as the nouvo record rear
mech, with the pretense that the component is artistically improved
whilst retaining functionality. Most of those drilled mechs I have
seen listed here are poor examples of the art which have destroyed
otherwise good equipment. The nouvo record is the perfect mech for
half step setup of whichn o modern mech can challenge. Please pick
ugly equipment to practise the art. Something that can only be
improved.