Old September 11th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lunicycle

Default Cyclic Navigator event (Victoria, Australia)

A Cyclic Navigator event is being held in the Wombat Forest (Victoria,
Australia), on November 30, run by Vic MTB Orienteering
http://www.vicmtbo.com

You can enter as an individual or team, in either the 4 hour or 6 hour
event. Basically at the start of the event you are given a map of the
forest with 30 or so control points on it. The aim is to pass through
as many of the control points as you can within the given time. It's up
to each individual/team how best to navigate the forest, the order they
visit each control point. Can be anything from a hardcore race to a fun
day out.

I'm not involved in the event in any way, but pass advertising signs it
each day. I contacted the organizers this week and they are more than
happy for unicyclists to take part in it.

I live on the edge of the forest and ride most days, though in a
different area as it's over 70 000 hectares. Generally the forest
tracks run along ridges and are fast and gently undulating. The ridge
tracks are usually connected by steep tracks that pretty much run
directly up and down the face of the hills - lots of fun. I'm planning
on participating on my 29".

The site for the event isn't great but has all the info
http://www.mapsport.net.au/cyclicnavigator/index.html

--
lunicycle