Old June 26th 17, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

Default Bike race on the A3?? Are they f*cking joking!

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:05:25 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 09:28:19 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 16:18:13 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:46:12 +0100, wrote:

What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and

truck
traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters
causing
trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of
the
cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
organise and shame on whoever gave permission.

**** off you health and softy ****.

Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I

saw
quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver

who's
family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

So what? The cyclist chooses to enter the race, the cyclist decides what
risks to take. If he thinks the roads are too dangerous for bicycles, he
doesn't enter.

And in the meantime vehicles are having to swerve in and out dangerously
often just because a bunch of dickheads want to have a little race.

--
Spud