Old February 16th 08, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

Default Today's ride

Did a bracing 82km today with Mr Wafflycat. Went as far as Sandringham &
back (different routes there & back) and had soup & a roll in Betty's tea
rooms.

The weather was almost perfect. Bright sun, blue, cloudless sky, wind not
too strong, dry. but *cold* with ice across the surface of many a village
pond even in the middle of the day.

On today's ride:-

A white stag with several hinds running with him.
Ducks going mad, calling "Me! Me! Me! Me!" at the pond in Massingham as I
was feeding said feathered friends with bits of fruitcake.
A barn owl flying alongside Mr Wafflycat & I as we cycled along a lane. The
owl kept looking sideways at us as it flew along.
A pair of Caterpillar boots neatly placed on a verge.
A field with six hares in it.
Loads of escapee hens from free-range runs in fields.
Lots of free-range pigs - all heavily pregnant rooting about in fields.
Clouds of seagulls following a tractor ploughing a field and feeding on the
*things* being exposed in the newly turned earth.

Poor Mr. Wafflycat was chilled to the bone by the time we got home, so I
threw him into a hot bath to defrost. He is now crashed out on the sofa -
poor lamb, he hasn't been on his bike for many a week and today wore him
out. But I thoroughly enjoyed being out on a lovely pootle of the lanes with
my nearest & dearest. One of the joys is having him cycle in front of me and
I can ogle his rear end to my heart's content. One of the joys of cycling is
what it does to a bloke's rear end in terms of toning and muscle. T'aint
nuthin finer than a fit bloke's 4r$3 in Lycra.

With a bit of luck I may be able to wheedle another 30-40km (at least)
tomorrow. I hope so.