Old November 10th 08, 06:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

(Hey, Dr. Evil, don't commit suicide until you read this)

Originally Posted by BarracksSi
"He's complaining that there isn't a bike-only route from Miami to DC
in another thread in P&R. I can't think of anything like that that
covers a similarly huge distance elsewhere.

Where I've been outside the US, the most bike-friendly cities have had
separate lanes & routes for bikes."

Not only I contend that there's no route from Miami to Washington DC,
but not even to Ft. Lauderdale through US1. That's right, when you get
to the Ft. Lauderdale airport area, there's something of an expressway
with little room for a bike among the cars going over 55mph. I haven't
seen anyone biking it for that matter.

So even Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are NOT connected by bike or bus. I'm
sure most European cities would be connected at least by buses. Of
course, both bikes and buses are part of the revolution.