Old November 18th 08, 01:30 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default Would you favor a bike bailout?

On Nov 17, 5:46 pm, Dane Buson wrote:

I just dodged a punch in the face!

( Hi, Dane :-) :-) )

Hello again, I took a wee hiatus when I couldn't be arsed to reconfigure
my leafnode server after a HD change and OS upgrade. I've been more
than slightly busy with life, but decided to come back and poke around
the newsgroups some.

--
Dane Buson -
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas l'Informatique.

Good, welcome back, so long as you don't come on the side of
Evil...

(Evil is defined here as those who are happy with the status quo, and
don't want any changes)

Anyway this is a very important question to fight evil and lies out
there...

Would you favor a bike bailout?

Yeah you know, there is a good-old-fashioned American company
(remember the slogan "Made with Pride in the USA"?) that made
recumbents, and still makes bike trailers. Its name is Burley, which
not only doesn't use cheap labor, but also has a cooperative of free
workers without a CEO making big bucks. Well, you get the point which
is neither Chinese labor nor unionized American workers making SUVs...

http://www.bicycleman.com/recumbents/burley/burley.htm

Their recumbents were discontinued in 2006, and are supposed to come
back. But hey, it ain't easy having competition from cheap labor.
"Sun" of Taiwan does produce nice recumbents, but Taiwanese workers
enjoy benefits unheard of in America, like universal healthcare, so I
guess they are fair competion.

Anyway, President Obama, and honorable members of Congress who hold
the interests of lobbyists in such a high esteem, as well as the
American people who helped Obama become #1, as well as the patriots
who voted for McCain out of hate for Obama, why don't you bail out
Burley of America, or whatever its name is?

poll...

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=487295