Old December 11th 04, 08:07 PM
Marc Brett

On 11 Dec 2004 00:57:33 -0800, wrote:

I was going to go for the Rhodes Co-Pilot but my local bike shop
recommended the Hamax Sleepy on the grounds that it's cheaper, just as
good and you don't need a special rack for it (which makes using
panniers & using the seat on other bikes easier).

Has anyone got one of these Hamax seats & are they any good? The only
people I know who've got child seats have got the Rhodes so I was
wondering if the Hamax has any pitfalls?

Thanks,

Michael

I have a Hamax, and people are right about the sleepy thing -- when sonandheir
falls asleep, he leans outboard in a fashion that seems precarious and
uncomfortable. It doesn't seem to "cocoon" him for crashing (in both senses),
but I've never collision-tested it. When he's awake, it's fine, seems comfy,
and is easy to get on and off the bike.

In the Hamax's favour, it does seem to grow well with the child. It still works
for him at 5 years old because of the long adjustable footrests. (He's got a
bike of his own, but he isn't up to city-centre riding just yet.) His
identically-sized friend in a Co-Pilot is doubled-up like a pretzel.