Old June 3rd 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default a traffic dilemma

wrote:
recycled-one wrote:
Assume you are making a left turn from a middle, left-only, lane onto
another multi-lane street.

How soon do you transit to the curb lane after the turn? Right away as part
of the turn? Or as a separate movement from the center lane to the curb?

Theortically as a separate move. I normally would make the turn and
then signal another (right ) turn to enter the curb lane.

Why a separate move? In the diagram surely there is one lane of
traffic turning into Scotsdale so it can freely split into whichever
lane it wants as part of the turn unlkess I am missing something about
local traffic law or practice. I'm curious as I was about to post
pretty much the exact same response as you except for this point

[snip rest]

best wishes
james