Old November 29th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Steve Sr.

Default Best Way To Carry Pepper Spray ?

Hello,

I hope that all of you had a happy Thanksgiving and got a chance to
ride off some of the excess!

Do any of you have any suggestions on a good way to carry pepper spray
to be used against vicious canines? I have recently started carrying
some to use against a problem dog on my lunch time ride. Since I know
where the dog is I have been carrying the pepper spray in my pocket
and taking it out before I get to where the dog might be loose.

Carrying the pepper spray in a pocket is not a good place if traveling
in unfamiliar areas. It needs to be carried somewhere it is
immediately accessible near the handlebars. Can any of you offer
suggestions as to holsters or other methods of carrying pepper spray.

Next question... What do you do about a dog that has been hit point
blank with pepper spray about 3-4 times by myself or co-worker yet
still continues to try to attack the next day? The dog is a female pit
bull who immediately breaks off the attack when hit with the pepper
spray but will come back for more the next day. Unfortunately, this
dog is smart enough not to get hit by traffic yet dumb enough keep
getting pepper sprayed.

Thanks,

Steve