Old June 6th 19, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Protecting yourself

On Wed, 05 Jun 2019 08:16:55 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 6/5/2019 1:47 AM, Andy wrote:
I have thought about carrying a short range cell phone jammer while biking.

I have given it careful thought. But when traveling as a passenger I increasingly see drivers drifting over into other lanes.

They are irresponsible idiots who are a danger to everyone.

Andy

Good luck with that.
FCC has an unkindly view of pirate transmitters.

Somewhere on the net a guy wrote that "back in the day" a driver had a
wheel, a gear shift and three pedals and one switch on the floor and
had to be at least minimally alert to handle all this. Now with cruise
control the drive has only the wheel and this can spend more time on
other things like day-dreaming, sleeping or messing about with a hand
phone.

I wonder whether he may not have been correct?
--
cheers,

John B.