Old January 5th 06, 09:00 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default No Helmets Needed?

Edward Dolan wrote:
Folks who go cycling without wearing SOMETHING on their heads
look like the jerks and dorks that they are.

Like these folks?

http://home-1.tiscali.nl/~edwinsel/misc_monuments.htm

http://oregonfuture.oregonstate.edu/gallery/29.html

http://www.ron-karpinski.com/ron-bio...-bicycling.htm

http://www.travelexcel.ca/pages/main...bicycling.html

http://tinyurl.com/b9prr

How _dare_ they actually ride a bike without wearing the American sport
cylcists' "full mating plumage"??

Admittedly, there's room for differences in aesthetic taste. But to
me, the guys who think they look good with a day-glo styrofoam squid
strapped to their head are generally a lot dorkier.

I admit, I don't know anything about how Edward Dolan looks. But we
have evidence that he's damned intolerant, and more than a little
ignorant.

- Frank Krygowski