Old October 23rd 20, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Handlebar bags

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 5:16:27 AM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, October 22, 2020, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Handlebar bags: Some of us like them.

For some reasons, see "My PBP Bike: Rack and Bag" at
https://www.renehersecycles.com/journal/

-- - Frank Krygowski

It's wishful thinking. Actually, there is one position where the bag
might have some aero-effect, and it is the position Franki-boy's champion
ignoramus assures us it would have no effect -- and where Ridealot tells
us experience is it works. That's behind the saddle, where the bluff
sides of the bag would form a sort of Kamm tail to shortcut the
turbulence of the passage of the cyclist and his bike, which translates
directly into reduced drag. See the work of Professor Kamm between the
big wars, and the graphic of both my Lancia Fulvia (the Zagato Kammback
and the standard factory 3-box coupe) at speed with the skeins of wool
streaming behind it in my Building Special Cars (Batsford, London and
Robert Bentley, Boston are the most accessible editions).

Andre Jute
Sleek & sophisticated

Would you like to comment on this classic?
https://drivetribe.com/p/in-1998-luigi-colani-presented-CVoUYr2pRvymeEWJfOj2fg

Or this one?
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schauff-Fahrrad,_Prototyp_Colani_(2019-10-07_Sp).jpg

Yes, both are ugly.