Old November 9th 04, 09:16 PM
Bill

"andrea rose" wrote in message
om...
I've recently decided to do some other activity than running in my off
season due to my shin splints. I decided that I have always enjoyed
riding my bike and enjoyed the outdoors so I would be purchasing a
bike in the near future. I am not too experienced with biking but was
wondering if anyone had any input on what brand of bike would be good
for some training, but probably not too intense. I dont plan on
investing a huge amount of money into it but I would like it to last
me a long time. Let me know if u have any suggestions, thanks!

Since you are a runner and are interested in some "training" you might
consider a bike that will permit you to go fast, an entry level racing bike.
It will serve you well for a few years if it turns out that you like
cycling. Seems like many "like to go fast" club cyclists are former runners
who enjoy aerobic exercise but start to have various impact related
injuries.

Go for a moderately priced road bike that fits properly. See if you can
connect with a local cycling club, they most likely be able to offer
suggestions. Another option to find a good used road bike that you can get
started on until you discover what you would really like "or not". It is
almost impossible to buy the right bike the first time. Your position will
evolve and your specific interests will become focused. After a little
experience you know enough to make a good choice for you.
Bill Brannon