Old May 10th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Helmet Poll: First Hand Experience

Per Tim McNamara:
Wound up laying in the water unable to feel anything in my arms for
several minutes.

That had to be alarming.

.... Which is part of the reason why I keep coming up with the notion that the
straps that keep the helmet in place shouldn't be *too* strong...

That and recently reviewing the photos in a motorcycle accident report in which
the rider had his head/helmet ripped off - leaving all the cervical vertebrae
neatly in place sticking out of his totally-intact leathers.
--
PeteCresswell