Old August 11th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Default STI and cables

On Aug 10, 8:55*pm, wrote:
Help me, I am new to STI.

When replacing the cables should I get the non-stretch ones from
Aztec?

With my Dura Ace STI the chain clanks lightly when I am in big ring
and middle cog. It is adjusted properly for the limits. A knowledgable
friend recommended replacing the cables etc
I am looking at replacing the cassette, chain, and cables. *Is this
all worthwhile?

After reading this thread and altho much good info can be gained, a
trip down to a competent, helpful bike shop will answer all your
questions and hopefully, give you good advice.