Old October 15th 14, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Not much needed in a "Be Seen" light

On 10/14/2014 5:15 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Query if flashers are legal under the UVC. I was looking at the Oregon statutes, and flashers are prohibited on cars, and I didn't see any exception for bicycles -- although I didn't look closely. I've never seen anyone get a ticket, and flashers on bikes are ubiquitous.

When I researched it for California it was unclear. However now that all
the bike share bicycles include flashing lights I presume that it's not
illegal even though it never explicitly says that they are legal.