Old January 1st 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Campagnolo Cable question(s)? Jagwire?

Ronko wrote:
I have a bike with a 10 speed Campagnolo Chorus Group and want to
replace the cables. One LBS recommended Jagwire over Campagnolo
but said the Jag wire cable ends could get stuck in the Campy Ergo
shifters. I checked the Jagwire site out and they sell complete kits (2
Brake/2 Derailleur sets), but they also sell separate der. cables
specific for Campy. What exactly do I need and does Jagwire make
various quality levels of cables? And though a bit more expensive is it
best just to stay with Campagnolo cables?

Campagnolo has now gone to 11 speed on some groups and have
changed shifter cable from 4.5mm to 4mm, or is it the other way
around and what is the effect of this?

Clarity is a virtue and Happy New Year!

Jagwire 5 is good casing but yes get the correct (small)
head wires. And matching casing ferules.
Right, newer systems use smaller casing driven by bike
makers' request for less weight. No improvement but it is
lighter.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/