Old January 3rd 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Default Campagnolo Cable question(s)? Jagwire?

On Jan 2, 12:09*pm, Ronko wrote:
In article 5fe0b1c2-9628-46f0-840d-
,
says...

On Jan 1, 1:53*pm, Ronko wrote:
I have a bike with a 10 speed Campagnolo Chorus Group and want to
replace the cables. One LBS recommended Jagwire over Campagnolo
but said the Jag wire cable ends could get stuck in the Campy Ergo
shifters. I checked the Jagwire site out and they sell complete kits (2
Brake/2 Derailleur sets), but they also sell separate der. cables
specific for Campy. What exactly do I need and does Jagwire make
various quality levels of cables? And though a bit more expensive is it
best just to stay with Campagnolo cables?

Campagnolo has now gone to 11 speed on some groups and have
changed shifter cable from 4.5mm to 4mm, or is it the other way
around and what is the effect of this?

Clarity is a virtue and Happy New Year!

Jagwire does make small ended, Campagnolo compatible inner wires. We
use them all the time, great wires.

Use 5mm housing. Campagnolo 10s housing was 4.5mm, 11s is 4mm and

new
Campagnolo cable kits are now all 4mm(no more '10s' and '11s', but use
a good lined 5mm der housing, like Jagwire!

If the LBS says that Jagwire can get stuck, they have shimano/sram
type.

Peter, If I'm understanding you correctly use the same 5mm housing for
both the shifter and derailleur cables? Will that fit ok into the Ergo shifters?
Thanks.

No. Der housing and brake housing are different but both xome in 5mm
widths.