Old January 19th 04, 09:02 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

Default need scott self energizing brakes

I'm looking for a set of 80's scott-peterson self energizing brakes.

Try www.sjscycles.com

BTW: I have them on the back of my tourer. They make very little
difference to stopping power.

They shouldn't make a whole lot of difference on the rear brake, since it
generally doesn't take that much power to skid a rear wheel. The front
brake is where superior braking power may be required... unless it's a
tandem. I used the self-energizing brakes on my tandem and found they
definitely improved braking power (but please note you need to take them
apart to clean & grease them from time to time; otherwise they'll work worse
than a normal brake).

--Mike--
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com