Old January 20th 04, 04:40 PM
Mike DeMicco

Default need scott self energizing brakes

In article ,
David Damerell wrote:

A front SE
brake might well be a cheap way to get a flying lesson, which as I
understand it is why Suntour's lawyers declined to make them. The original
Pedersen brakes are SE front and rear, but finding them would be a neat
trick these days.

That's largely a myth. I ran Scott SEs on the front of my mountain bike
for years without ever going over the bars. The brake can be made less
powerful by lengthening the straddle cable. They were powerful brakes,
but regular cantilevers (properly adjusted) worked fine too; v-brakes
being a better choice today.

--
Mike DeMicco
(Remove the REMOVE_THIS from my email address to reply.)