Old August 27th 03, 12:22 AM
skip

Default Ed Dolan and "Realities"

"Larry Varney" wrote in message
snip
This new
subject line reflects the actual subject. I understand that you believe
that subject lines should not ever be changed to reflect the actual
subject, but until you become either the owner of the internet or at the
very least the moderator of this particular news group, your belief will
continue to be just that.

It would be nice if you would label the new thread you just created as "Off
Topic" or "O.T." so the unwitting will not think it's about Mr. Dolan and
his new "Realities" bike computer. Some people get all upset if they think
they have been duped into reading something O.T.. At least one even gets
upset just because an off topic thread exists. Personally I think it is a
good idea not to start O.T. threads willy nilly, but to attempt to keep them
contained. As long as it's off topic I say let it stay stay where it is and
don't multiply it.

If anyone had the stamina to read this far into this BiGHA thread they
probably are too word weary to complain if O.T. material pops in and out of
the thread. But starting a new O.T. threads and not labeling it as such is
certain to offend some readers.

skip