Old August 27th 03, 04:18 AM
Edward Dolan

Default Ed Dolan and "Realities"

Larry Varney wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:
(Scott) wrote in message . com...

Larry, you are my hero! I love your, calm, mature, respectful
response to the childish ranting of El Dolan.

Ride well, amigo.

Scott

Would someone explain to me what my name is doing on this thread? I
believe it was your "mature, respectful" Mr. Varney who is responsible
for this outrage. Other than protesting the subject title of this
thread I have declined to post anything here, but if I were to post I
would have a few choice words to say about those who do this sort of
thing.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

A while back you lambasted me several times because I wasn't editing
my responses enough to suit you. I think you used the phrase, "when are
you going to learn..." and so on.
So, I followed your advice. And while I was at it, I edited the
subject line to reflect the topic. In this particular case, I was
responding to one of your posts about "realities". And if I remember
correctly, it had something to do with people being able to judge
something they had no actual experience with, in particular being able
to condemn a bicycle they have never seen nor ridden.
You tossed in some stuff about children and "realities". This new
subject line reflects the actual subject.

Up to this point you make sense. Where you went astray was to use my
name without my permission in the subject line for your new thread. It
was not necessary and was done for spite. I guarantee you that I could
use your name in a subject line for a thread in such a way that you
would not be pleased. No one else does this sort of thing except in
the spirit of banter. In case you didn't know it, you and I never
banter.

I understand that you believe
that subject lines should not ever be changed to reflect the actual
subject, but until you become either the owner of the internet or at the
very least the moderator of this particular news group, your belief will
continue to be just that.

I have already posted my thoughts on this and we disagree about it.
But it is my belief that those who do not know how to edit a post also
do not know how to post a new subject line either. You proved it to
me.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota