Old May 16th 20, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Near Miss of the Day 409: Motorist incensed by cyclist filtering

JNugent wrote:
On 16/05/2020 18:03, Simon Mason wrote:

What an absolute prick this driver is.
QUOTE:
Today's near miss features a motorist so enraged by a cyclist
(legally) filtering past him at traffic lights that he is moved to
call him an 'imbecile', a 'dickhead' and a '****' while intimidating
him with his car. The confrontation began at the junction of High
Street and
Wellington Street in Slough on Friday. Lyndon said: "As I filtered to the
front of the line of traffic at a
red light, the driver of a green Mercedes clearly thought I was
breaking some sort of law. "I didn't realise at the time how close he
came to driving into the
back of me, and only noticed when I watched the footage when I got
home. "I turned right and figured the one honk from the driver was the
end
of it, but he soon pulled beside me when I entered the bus lane and
shouted some obscenities as he pulled in front of me in the left
lane. "He indicated left, and I could see he was going to pinch me into
the kerb, so I figured it was best to go around him in the right
lane to simply get out of his space, which according to the driver
made me a '****ing dickhead.'" In the video, you can see that having
almost come to a stop, the
driver then sets off again, changes to the right hand lane and honks
a bit more. He shouts for Lyndon to pull over and calls him an 'imbecile'.

"I shouted back that he was the idiot, and the driver slammed his
brakes on and opened his door in moving traffic, getting out and
shouting at me again. At this point I just wanted to leave the
situation and headed for the junction. "I saw a pedestrian and shouted
at her to, 'get your phone out and
record this, this guy behind me is nuts' - but she probably assumed
I was the crazy one.

Yes, very probably.

Simon is going off his rocker. Again.