Old January 13th 21, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3:28:55 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:29:58 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 4:37:08 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:24:25 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:19:35 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 1/11/2021 1:21 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Among architects, the use of custom fonts is quite common. The idea
is that if someone pirates the architects work, the unique fonts would
make the theft obvious in a court of law. In the distant past, we had
three architects offices in the office building. All of them used
custom fonts. I don't know if they still do that today.

Right, I had my all-caps scrawl digitized as a TrueType
font. Probably something like that.

Sorry, but your scribbling has probably been copyrighted:
https://www.1001fonts.com/illegible-fonts.html
https://www.fontget.com/discover/illegible/
https://www.myfonts.com/tags/illegible
etc...

My favorite font is "Faux Hebrew". Sending formatted email or letters
to my Jewish friends often results in confusion (followed by
profanity):
https://www.google.com/search?q=faux+hebrew+font&tbm=isch

The ultimate in penmanship are the torah scribes. They transcribe the
entire 304,805 word Torah with pen and ink by hand. It takes about 2
years. No corrections are allowed. One mistake and the scrolls are
destroyed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefer_Torah
It's quite an art and takes many years of practice to achieve
perfection. A new torah scroll will cost between $15,000 and $50,000
depending mostly on the quality and consistency of the script:
https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Kosher-Written-Scroll-Reconditioned/dp/B003AT9RKM
One of my uncles was a draftsman in Israel back in the 1960's. He
augmented his income transcribing torah scrolls.
Not to disparage the Torah but until the 1440's all "books" were hand
written :-)

More fake news? Books were printed with hand made metal presses in the 1300's. 1440, was the first Guttenberg movable type press.

Were they? Can you prove your statement that hand made metal presses
were in use in the 1300'? or is it just another figment of your
imagination?

Old Joe Gutenberg's first identifiable work is the Gutenberg's 31-line
Indulgence which is known to already exist on 22 October 1454.
The so called Gutenberg Bible, which was completed and according to
contemporary sources first sold in 1455.

John, you continue not only to prove you aren't a Catholic, but have no religion at all. The Catholic church mass printed bibles in Latin for every diocese and most priests had to READ the service since they hadn't been trained in the church but were members of the royalty for that area. Are you suggesting the literally hundreds of thousands of Bibles were copied by hand? Take your "show me proof" and shove it up your ignorant ass.