Old October 5th 04, 05:02 PM
Mark Mitchell

On 2004-10-04, BringYouToLife wrote:
Blair P. seems to know what I'm talking about, thanks, Blair, that was
really interesting info.

I figured someone must have already tried such things, just didn't
know.

So, if someone using my idea went 150mph, but the problem is he'll
get blown over, but what about using the increased power efficiency to
haul things, or power a 4 wheeled small car more easily?

The guy who went 150mph did *not* use your 'idea'. He used a compound
drivetrain (if that's how you'd describe it).

Standard pedals and crank connected to a large chainwheel to a small cog
behind the seat, connected to another large chainwheel, to a small cog on
the wheel.

Basically, a *huge* gear. For some reason the number 134 gear inches is
stuck in my head, but that could be way off.

As I recall, he had to be towed up to 60mph, because the gear was to big to
be turned from a standing start.

Mark

--
Remove both wrongs to make the email address right.