Old October 7th 04, 05:20 AM
Pete

"BringYouToLife" wrote in message
m...
Mark, I looked up that record of 166.9 mph, did you know Fred
Rompelberg was 50 years old when he set that record?

On a bike totally unsuited to any other purpose. And drafting behind a car.
The undrafted record (fully faired recumbent) is just upwards of 80 or so.
http://www.ihpva.org/hpva/hpvarec7.html

Again, on a bike totally unsuited to any purpose besides breaking a record.
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisi...2004/Varna.htm

Very impressive, but it won't help me get to work on roads populated by
other vehicles, people, rain, dogs, potholes, etc.

Just like a Top Fuel car going 300+. Impressive, but useless for anything
but the dragstrip.

Pete