Old August 15th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Bike lanes in MA, dangerous bike lanes and a possible news story

Recently I engaged in a conversation over at ne.transport regarding
some inadequate bike lanes in the Newburyport, MA area. Shortly after
posting my reply, I got an email from a Boston area reporter. I don't
want to copy-paste the exact email in the interest of privacy, but the
gist was basically that she read my post and she's "heard other
cyclists complain of useless/dangerous bike lanes". She wanted to
know if there were any others that stand out as particularly
dangerous, stating that it may make a good news story for them if
so.

This seems like a good chance to try to get some public awareness, so
I figured I'd bounce the concept off of some other cyclists before
replying to her.

Link to the thread: http://tinyurl.com/2bw4od
Non-tiny link:
http://groups.google.com/group/ne.tr...37a72c21e4603e