Old July 11th 03, 01:59 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Campag - Shimano Compatibility Question

fred- For my
drivetrain I'd like to start with a Centaur Triple crankset (50-40-30)
and swap the granny for a Shimano LX 26. Front deraileur is Centaur
Triple. Rear deraileur will be Shimano XT with a 12-34 cassette.
Controls would be Shimano D/A bar-ends, set for friction front and
indexing rear. Since this will be a travel bike I'd like to use an
SRAM chain with removable link. Does anybody know whether I should use
a Campag or Shimano style chain, and whether or nor this kludge will
shift smoothly and reliably? Any "gotchas" that I haven't thought of?
Thanks in advance for your valued input... BRBR

This will work fine, from 26t ring to XT rear, I have built this very setup-.
Use a Sram chain, like a PC-59...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.