Old June 14th 17, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JQ

Default Craigs List

On 6/14/2017 1:09 PM, wrote:
What has happened to Ebay and Craigslist? I have never made and offer on a bike on either site and never followed up on it. And after coming to an agreement on email I have never tried to change the price in person unless there was something extraordinarily wrong - such as one man saying that there was a slight dent on the right side of a car and then in person the entire right side was pushed in.

I have had offers on Craig's list innumerable times in the last six months and no one ever showed up to even look at it. I have had stupid questions on Ebay like "is it really that color?" When all of the pictures were plain as sunlight can make them.

These sites are rapidly becoming useless even if you want to give something away. I had some shoes that were almost new and the wrong size for me so I put them on Craig's list to give them to someone that might not be able to afford good shoes. Not ONE single response on a giveaway item of a $200 pair of shoes.

Both eBay and Craigslist are about timing... If you post something and
no one is looking for your item you'll get no responses. There are those
that are ridiculous on both sites and those that are just trolls of the
lowest but you get them everywhere! Craigslist is a local market so your
pool is even smaller. I just notice Facebook now has a Craigslist type
marketplace.

Good luck,

--
Ride fast, ride hard, ride for health and enjoyment... JQ Dancing on the
edge

---