Old April 18th 20, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N[_2_]

Default Flight Deck woefully obsolete?

On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 4:10:35 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 12:36:17 PM UTC-7, N8N wrote:
Good afternoon,

I was de-mothballing my bikes and such today and went to put a new battery in the computers. One (an old Sigma) went fine, the other, a Flight Deck, I noticed when I removed it the battery cover was missing a chip out of it. When I removed it, another piece came off. It doesn't seem to be making good contact anymore or powering up.

Looking around, it appears that Shimano doesn't even remember making these anymore? I guess that little guy is just done for?

thanks!

You can always fined OE stuff on eBay, but yes, Shimano stopped making it.. I don't know why they started making it in the first place.

-- Jay Beattie.

It was kind of gimmicky, but it seemed like a fun toy to play with at the time with the shifter integration. I do remember setting it up was kind of a pain whereas putting a second sensor on for cadence made a lot more sense..