Old April 18th 20, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Flight Deck woefully obsolete?

On 4/18/2020 4:41 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/18/2020 2:36 PM, N8N wrote:
Good afternoon,

I was de-mothballing my bikes and such today and went to put a new
battery in the computers.Â* One (an old Sigma) went fine, the other, a
Flight Deck, I noticed when I removed it the battery cover was missing
a chip out of it.Â* When I removed it, another piece came off.Â* It
doesn't seem to be making good contact anymore or powering up.

Looking around, it appears that Shimano doesn't even remember making
these anymore?Â* I guess that little guy is just done for?

thanks!

Welcome back!

You're right. For electronics, even more than for hardware, 'The crap we
sold you last year is no good. Here's the new one.'

With some stuff these days, it can get even weirder: "The operator
interface for the crap we sold you last year isn't sufficiently trendy,
so we downloaded a new one without your permission. Have fun learning it!"

--
- Frank Krygowski