Old April 24th 20, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Flight Deck woefully obsolete?

On 2020-04-18 12:36, N8N wrote:
Good afternoon,

I was de-mothballing my bikes and such today and went to put a new
battery in the computers. One (an old Sigma) went fine, the other, a
Flight Deck, I noticed when I removed it the battery cover was
missing a chip out of it. When I removed it, another piece came off.
It doesn't seem to be making good contact anymore or powering up.

Looking around, it appears that Shimano doesn't even remember making
these anymore? I guess that little guy is just done for?

thanks!

Duct tape, man, duct tape :-)

My handlebar had broken off right where the old Bell Dashboard 100 was,
causing a nasty crash. The old Bell went sailing and it's mount had
broken off. I later fashioned a nice piece of wood from a discarded
market umbrella, laid some old tube around the new handlebar and affixed
the wood with a 1/2" pipe strap and wood screws. The speedometer went on
top of that. This also holds the battery in place nicely.

This bike is almost guaranteed not to get stolen.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/