Old November 25th 14, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John D. Slocomb

Default AG: How to ride in ordinary pants

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:11:12 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 11/24/2014 6:34 AM, John D. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:41:54 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 11/23/2014 7:34 AM, Joy Beeson wrote:

A spare pin in your
wallet is a good idea -- or three or four; safety pins have a lot of
uses.

Instead of all that, I simply use safety pins to pin my pants leg more
tightly around my ankle - or ankles, depending on how narrow the pants
legs are.

Now, I lube my chain using a hot wax/oil mix, so it's much less likely
to smear black stuff on my cuffs.

I've always got at least two safety pins clipped inside my handlebar bags.

Goodness, don' you have a "pants clip" that clips around your ankle to
hold your pants secure and prevent it from getting into the chain? I
thought all you "old Fellows" had one of those :-)\

As an old fellow, those are what I used way back in the 1970s. They
kept irritating me because my pants would gradually work their way out
of the clips, then get either caught or stained by the chain and chainring.

Then I tried large (2") safety pins. No more problems. And the safety
pins are lighter! ;-)

Or a turn or two of twine and a bow knot :-)
--
cheers,

John D.Slocomb