Old May 23rd 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Default If Johnny Cochran Was Still Here...

In article ,
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
Doug Taylor wrote:

On 22 May 2007 22:05:51 -0700, wimpyVO2 wrote:

...he'd say, "If the batch doesn't fit, you must acquit."

Dr. Simon Davis made LNDD look bad today. Test results with missing or
batch numbers out of sequence. Magnets placed where they aren't
supposed to be, skewing the ion field. A manual which says to operate
at 2 to 4 x 10-6 mbar, Mongongue operates it at 6 x 10-6. Pressures
that vary from sample to sample.

Reminds me of high school chemistry. Just mix stuff until you get the
"right" result.

There you go. Perfect analogy: O.J. and Floyd

1) Obviously guilty perp.

2) Perp's personal explanation of what "really" happened utterly
absurd.

3) Perp lawyers-up with high paid suits to obfuscate the facts and the
science.

4) Character assassination of witnesses.

5) Big time publicity campaign to sway credulous public opinion.

6) Partisan shills jumping on the bandwagon.

This is the FACT: Anyone who NEEDS a lawyer like Johnny Cochran to
"get them off" is guilty as sin, and if they get off, they'll be
respected among people with brains just about as much as O.J. is now.

Were that it were so. The fun part of medical lab testing is the number*
of innocent people getting cleared these days by DNA evidence, in some
cases springing them from jail.

I'm pretty sure all those people NEEDED a lawyer like Johnny Cochran,
they just didn't have one.

Or the Duke lacrosse players, for a more recent example of a group of
people whose lives were nearly ruined by overzealous prosecution.

I should say that, while it doesn't matter a whit, I'd bet on OJ's
guilt. I didn't follow the trial closely. However, post-trial interviews
with some jurors suggested that they found problems with the timeline
the most compelling evidence in favor of Mr. Simpson.

*small relative to the number of people in prison, sure, but not a
trivial number by any means.

I started to follow people versus Orenthal James Simpson, and felt
nauseous watching the prosecution. Then I went from upgrading the
shack's electrical system to gainfully employed and missed the
rest. The prosecution was incompetent, and owe the people of
California an abject apology. And the judge was incompetent too.
A competent prosecution would have put that psychopath away. Turd
fondlers the lot of them: defendant, both counsels, and judge.

--
Michael Press