Old May 24th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Default Zabel confesses too

On Thu, 24 May 2007 14:13:12 +0200, "Sandy" wrote:

Dans le message de ,
Jason Spaceman a réfléchi, et puis a
déclaré :
Video of Zabel's confession is at http://tinyurl.com/26kck6

Video of Aldag's confession is at http://tinyurl.com/2e4d2v

Both require RealPlayer to view, and both are entirely in German. If
you wait for a few hours I wouldn't be surprised if the entire press
conference shows up on YouTube.

J. Spaceman

Thank you. Bravo to those who open up. Telling hurts, but not telling
hurts even more.

Some things really are better not told - didn't Greg Lemond give us an example
of that.

I doubt that telling is going to help. If history is anything to go by the
officials will scream that this only proves the code of silence and that an
example should be made - these guys will have their palmares questioned, or
revoked, and everyone else will go on - happy they weren't dumb enough to talk
about it.

Bravo, also to Gerolsteiner and Telekom, for not
dismissing persons who break the code of silence, and I can only hope the
same is for Milram. Our main loss is the inability to say who, among all
racers who say nothing, is a truly natural supertalent.

Unless I am totally wrong, the truly natural supertalents were doping as well.
Joe Papp took all that crap and was still racing in Turkey.

I agree with you that the teams were right to not fire these guys, but we
haven't heard from UCI, ProTour, Prudhomme, or most important Pound, Dick yet.
They'll probably insist on dismissal. After all, having riders come out and
expose the doping would destroy the adversarial approach to PED enforcement and
without that it's impossible for Dick Pound to win. Can't win without an enemy
to defeat.

The Sport is Dead. Long live the sport.

Well, we'll all keep riding anyway....

Ron