Old May 24th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Default EPO and T Mobile

On Thu, 24 May 2007 14:51:47 +0100, "Jan" wrote:

DirtRoadie wrote:
On May 24, 7:23 am, wrote:
Where do we go from here?

Well I'm wondering what we will be learning about Telekom riders in,
say, the '96 Tour. Anybody remember who was riding for them there and
how they did?

DR

Please help save cycle racing.
Support us in the "UCI and Doping Solution" thread.

Sorry, bad idea.

It sounds good, but walk it through from the POV of each player. You'd think a
game as clever and subtle as bike racing that depends so much on understanding
and working with and against the self-interests and resources of your
competitors would produce better thinking than that silly, dramatic gesture.

That's what it is, silly and dramatic. Makes as much sense as going to the front
and riding everyone off your wheel.

A good system is one that forces the riders, however reluctantly, to work with
the system. Not one that forces them to fight it to the death. The present
system and the one you propose do that.

Ron