Old May 24th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Default Zabel confesses too

Dans le message de
ups.com,
a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
On May 24, 8:13 am, "Sandy" wrote:

J. Spaceman

Thank you. Bravo to those who open up.

dumbasses,

the reaction on rbr to these admissions of guilt is nauseating.

When you grow up, you'll understand.

i don't see the same outpouring for the team docs, guys like lemond or
the soigneur who precipitated this series of events.

You must not read very many messages.

it goes back to the whole mentality of handling athletes with kid
gloves, not holding them accountable and a willingness to forgive them
no matter how much they **** up. we praise them for being honest, when
there really isn't another choice, but we don't extend the same to ex-
riders, docs or writers who really want a clean sport.

Why do you want to limit this to sports ? I'm not. My reaction is to the
human situation, not to some tiny class.

guys like zabel and aldag made millions and enjoyed plenty of glory
and they used drugs occsionally or consistenly to achieve those
things.

OK - you get to prosecute the next case with your talents.

is zabel going to give back his millions and sell his apartment which
houses his collection of historic bikes and live like a $40,000/yr
schmoe ? i doubt it.

Envy is hard to hide, isn't it ?

it may have been the climate of the sport at the time, but they had a
choice.

They made bad ones, and now they are making better ones.