Old May 25th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Default ruined the sprot?

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2007 12:35:17 -0700, chester
wrote:

I cant think of a more entertaining year since I started watching in 2000.

Bet you spell 'peloton' peleton too.

FWIW, the sprot will be great this year - the 'scandals' will
discourage the July 1 to early August crowd of newbies, who insist on
discussing the Tour de France and the way Bobke pronounces it Tour Day
France. So this year we can ignore that race in France and argue over
who would have won if they were allowed to enter, but weren't. My
virtual podium is:

1. Basso
2. Landis
3. Pereira (edges out Ullrich, as Jan was technically a retirement)

and wonderfully, Zabel shakes off old age and wins the green.

Eh, not bad. But I think Lemond has proven himself master of the virtual
podium. These others are Johnny come latelys. The simple fact that they
don't know how to keep their own secrets doesn't qualify them for
anything special. Lemond's secrets will go to the grave with him.