Old May 25th 07, 10:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Caroline

Default Commentary: Cleared or not, Landis is a loser

"Donald Munro" wrote in message
. com...
Jason Spaceman wrote:
By Phil Sheridan
Inquirer Columnist
Professional bicycle racing is a filthy sport and, in a perfect world,
the Tour de France would go away and never come back. Certainly there
is no reason for anyone to watch cycling's premier event with any
faith that it is clean.

In a perfect world hypocrites like this guy would suffer from spontaneous
combustion or be condemned to go on a hunting trip with Cheney.

ummm.... 'Scuze me, but IF you want the world to believe in your innocence,
you don't start the Tour by announcing that you have a severely arthritic
hip that you'll have replaced as soon as the race is over, then go eleven
minutes down in ONE day, then come back the next day and turn in a
performance that looks like you've turned in your team bike for a Harley,
and expect no one to believe a lab test that shows synthetic testosterone.
There IS a crediblity gap here somewhere.

I hate what the directeurs sportif and trainers have done to cycling with
their doping. I have known cyclists who were doped without their knowing it
because the team honchos came to them with "vitamins" they needed. All of
the cycling governing agencies are going after the wrong people when they go
after the athletes. NO athlete can do this stuff alone. Then when the acts
are so flagrant that they leave blood bags behind for someone to find and
test? Tours de Mafia.

Caroline