Old May 25th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Default Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

On 25 May 2007 09:36:57 -0700, "
wrote:

I too will always think of him as being a dignified patron of the
peleton and-- rightyl or wrongly-- as a clean rider. Perhaps this is
naive but it is how I want to remember him.

Yes, this is naive! Big Mig was a doper; he was once described as
'EPO perfected'. I sure as hell hope no one still believes Pantani
was clean! If they take Riis' title, they should take Pantani's as
well. Should Ullrich admit he doped too that would leave...HOLY ****
BOBBY JULICH AS THE VIRTUAL TdF champion! Considering the scandal
that year and his meteoric crash, I'd Julich was clean. Oh my god my
head's going to explode...........

This is why the entire concept of rewriting results is so stupid. If they take
out Riis, who do they replace him with? Someone who we somehow know to be clean?

Dope or not Indurain was great.

Seriously, this is one goddamn mess because if anyone deserves to get
busted it was coke head Pantani.

As I recall he was busted and by a greater authority than cycling can invoke.

Ron