Old May 25th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

Default Commentary: Cleared or not, Landis is a loser

On Fri, 25 May 2007 19:39:18 GMT, "Caroline"
wrote:

THAT is my point! And WHO puts the pressure on the athletes to
dope? Why don't all of these "agencies" go after the ones who are PROMOTING
the damned doping? Give amnesty to the riders and announce that any UCI
team caught doping will have all management/support/training personnel
banned for ten years or more... I suspect that would clean things up in a
hearbeat!

You seem to believe that these are all UCI related organizations. WADA
does not really care about cleaning up cycling as an organization and
they aren't tasked with that. They are a third party that primarily
has the ability (as it impacts cycling) to every once in a while grab
a body and toss it into the combine (Kansas style, not UCI).

So when you remove WADA, who do you have left to make the rules? Oh,
pretty much those guys you want to clean up.

Probably the best that outside forces can do is put on enough pressure
to once again split pro from amateur, such as it is (IMO a good
thing). There IS no inside pressure, beond the well documented
self-interests of promoters, teams and sponsors.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...