Old May 25th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Riis to hold news conference

On May 25, 4:56 pm, Stu Fleming wrote:
Thomas Jespersen wrote:
On 24 May 2007 14:36:57 -0700, wrote:

That could get interesting.

Didn't see all of it in Danish Television, but he did admit taking Epo in
the period 1993-1998.

Does this mean that Floyd Landis will not even be the first Tour de
France winner to be stripped of the title?

That's a good one. Riis might even steal that distinction from him.
But, what about Garin in 1904? Was he stripped of the title or just
DQ'd? I thought the official results of that edition weren't provided
until some months after the race.

Some pretty sad epilogues being written by the recent TdF champs--

1996 Riis-- EPO admission
1997 Ullrich-- Puerto implications, etc.
1998 Pantani-- RIP
2006 Landis-- 'nuff said

Include the Armstrong Era in there if you want but I ain't touchin'
that one !!!