Old May 26th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Default Commentary: Cleared or not, Landis is a loser

In article AqF5i.15$WZ6.5@trnddc03,
"Caroline" wrote:

"Sandy" wrote in message
Dans le message de news:nYA5i.8476$TU1.2500@trnddc07,
Caroline a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 25, 5:34 am, "Caroline" wrote:

I hate what the directeurs sportif and trainers have done to
cycling with their doping. I have known cyclists who were doped
without their knowing it
because the team honchos came to them with "vitamins" they needed. All
of
the cycling governing agencies are going after the wrong people
when they go
after the athletes.

dumbass,

that babe in the woods act is bull****.

this is aldag's quote :

"About four of us sat on the curb during one of the Grand Tours,"
began Aldag, referring to his 1994 season. "We had been totally
dropped and couldn't keep up. What could we do? I started thinking
about doping and asked around."

So he was too damned stupid to think, "Man, something's gotta be
wrong with my training program..."

The bottom line here, in my opinion, is that doping could NOT get to
where it is today through athletes alone. Now, are there lazy people
who want to win the Tour without working? You betcha! And there
always will be. But I don't know of any doping shops where you have
to show your UCI or USCF or whatever federation license in order to
buy their goods. And I do know cyclists who were pushed into it by
their team's trainers and coaches. Once a trainer or a coach is
proven to have promoted or assisted or facilitated doping, that
person should be banned from the sport for life.
Caroline

Are you occasionally beset by a forgiveness and remediation mode, or is
this you more or less always ?

LOL! You're cute. No, I'm a mean bitch who rides a broom and chases down
Cat 5s for drafting on road ref vehicles! '-(

Seriously, I love the sport. I'll be having nine or ten guys spend the
weekend here for the criterium races in the DFW area this weekend. So
SOMETIMES I'm one of the good guys....

But!!!

Name ONE team director, administrator, trainer, physician, whatever, who has
had sanctions placed against him or who has been banned from the sport.
Guys today who think about doping and wonder if it can improve their
performance are extremely late comers to the game! Which is WHY they know
about it. For the years that doping -- drugs, blood boosting, whatever --
has been around, it's always the athletes who are punished. With very few
exceptions, there aren't a whole lot of riders who know how to get into this
stuff without help. At the elite levels, Cat 1s through Pro ranks, my
observation is that they get the stuff through team connecctions. So how
come the axe always falls on the athlete's neck? It is my observation that
you guys at the elite level are treated like a commodity. If "they" can
enhance your performance with doping and you get caught, YOU get punished,
but there are a lot more new riders coming up through the ranks. I don't
think that's the way things should be done. That's all. Feel free to
disagree.

Thanks, but I agree. Now how to prove it?

--
Michael Press