Old September 10th 17, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Nothing to say

Went to a birthday party today and don't feel like writing.

And I did no riding to speak of this week.

I went to the Farmer's Market on Wednesday because I knew I wouldn't
be able to buy tomatoes today (I did steal one from the offerings at
the party). On the way back, I was overtaken by a school bus that
didn't get over any because I was foolish enough to be riding in a
bike lane, and realized that I'd gotten over my big yellow slab phobia
-- perhaps that dates back to the day I remembered what had brought it
on; I should write a detailed account of it in my training diary.

Then I yielded to the temptation to go into International Foods --
didn't find anything I wanted that I hadn't already bought -- stayed
too long, and got rained on on the way back. Not wet enough to need
to change clothes, the weather wasn't dangerously cold for an active
person who wouldn't be out in it long, and I'm sure that sprinting the
full length of the village did me some good.

The ten-day prediction had said that yesterday would be the only dry
day this week, so I planned to devil the eggs Thursday night and go
for a long ride on Friday. Couldn't think of anywhere to go, and
finally decided to check out the progress of the new Aldi, look at the
roundabout to see whether there were signs that Husky Trail would open
soon, then wander around on my way to the soon-to-be-former Aldi.
(Hope they have a buyer to put in something as good as the Big R that
replaced Walmart; not being able to stop at Aldi in sprawlmart will
mess up most of my exercise routines.)

Thursday night I felt tired and boiling eggs seemed like an
intellectual challenge and besides we didn't have any cream cheese. So
I decided on a straight dash to Aldi and back, and devil eggs right
after nap time.

Upon rising, I discovered that the dry day had been postponed to
today, and said "hey, Owen's (Kroger) sells cream cheese". The
probability of rain was dropping rapidly, so I fiddle-faddled around
until ten o'clock or so, rode 1.6 miles, enjoyed lovely weather coming
back again, and had lunch and a nap. I'd found a thick sirloin in the
WooHoo bin, so I first cut up vegetables to bake in a smallest skillet
while the steak baked in the second smallest, and then devilled the
eggs while dinner was baking. DH says that he wants his steaks baked
instead of pan-broiled from now on.

And today I spent two hours sitting in a car, three or four feeding my
face, and another two hours sitting in the car.

But I'll walk for a mile tomorrow and, if I remember, climb some
stairs.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net