Old August 7th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Just what does a 60% chance of rain mean?

Bill Baka wrote:

(F) but if I am riding and hit a cold front and drop to that I can't
ride over 5 MPH. I had to have some bored firefighters pick me up once
when the temperature dropped from 70 to 55 in about 45 minutes and I was
going into hypothermia. I forgot to eat that day and had already done a
lot of miles in the mountains. They just warmed me up, joked with me,
and took me home, no problem since there were no serious calls that
night.

Do you *really* expect people to believe bull**** like this? Really?
You actually think you'll go into hypothermia in 55 degrees, while riding
a bicycle?

I've ridden quite a lot at that temperature. I find that 55 is the
point at which I start to need a windbreaker. My particular ride is six
miles, mostly downhill, before sunrise. The couple of times I forgot
the jacket, I found myself shivering by the time I reached my
destination.

Yes, moron. I didn't eat that day and was out of useable energy so I

was
only barely pedaling at 6 to 8 MPH at 10 P.M. after the sun had left

me.
If Bill's ride was longer than mine, at a different level of
strenuousness, or maybe the humidity or wind was a little more severe,
or if his metabolism is a little different than mine or had been thrown
out of whack by a lack of ready carbs, I can see how hypothermia could
have ensued.

Quit trying to blow smoke up people's asses, Bill. You're nothing but a
blowhard teller of tall tales, and not even good at it.

Note to Dan C : If you find Bill Baka's "tall tales" so onerous, I
recommend that you activate your twit filter, or just plain ignore him.
That will free you of the terrible burden of having to endure his posts.
The rest of us will somehow endure without you to police the group for
us.
Personally, I find that most of Bill's posts lie somewhere along a
line between "interesting" and "possibly remembered in an exaggerated
way." Your posts, OTOH, lie squarely on "obnoxious."

Frumious

__o | Profanity and obscenity entitle people who don't
_`\(,_ | want unpleasant information to close their ears
(_)/ (_) | and eyes to you. - Kurt Vonnegut