Old July 5th 14, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
MrCheerful

Default Segways

On 05/07/2014 14:53, Fredxxx wrote:
On 05/07/2014 14:33, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:35:05 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 22:47, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:53:53 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:44:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:

It's time for your medicine.

Why do you believe it's a good idea to buy a product which does
things
you don't want?

Well I bought our car for the comfort and the extra power (2.2 litre)
for safer overtaking etc.
It can do 133mph, but I didn't buy it for top speed.
Are you saying, that just because mine can do 133, that I should do
that
speed?

Safer overtaking my arse. What you mean is more fun overtaking.

The desire for safety comes with age. Something you clearly don't
appreciate.

What makes you think this desire is a good thing?

Clearly you are not old enough to understand.

I have often seen situations where a bit more power available would have
made things safer or avoided a collision. If you ever want proof of
this, put a modern car into limp home mode and discover how frightening
even a simple manouevre is, when power is very limited.