Old April 4th 04, 08:33 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

Default RvV

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 20:24:19 +0100, Steve McGinty wrote:
However, Wesemann rode an excellent race and was the strongest rider
in the finale.

He did, but was he? I think maybe Van Bon was, but because of really
strange tactics (betting on Hoste against Wesemann??!) he couldn't work
with Dekker. Dekker was very good, but not super or he would have closed
the 14 sec gap to the Wesemann/Bruylandts tandem. I think it was Dekker
himself saying earlier (should be somewhere on his site) that he thought
Wesemann was thinner than usual, better climbing but lacking in
strength. Well there you go.