Old April 4th 04, 10:25 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

Default RvV

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 06:08:52 +1000, Jeff Jones wrote:
No that was Scott Sunderland.

Here's Dekker's analysis, my translation:

I was looking forward to this for a long time and this morning it was
there; the Ronde. At half past 6 we were at the breakfast table and got
a nice surprise: Rabobank will remain as sponsor until 2008. Good start
of the day. The race was difficult, weird and I thought chaotic. So many
escapees so early in the race at the front, that gave a strange twist to
the race. My radio wasn't working so I was deprived of all info. A
blessing in disguise, I would rather have not known anyway! The legs
were good, but for some reason I always seemed to be riding just where
it broke in front of me. The legs steadily improved relative to the
competition and after the Muur I showed them my heels. Unfortunately my
companions were team mates of the leaders so that I had to do most of
the work. Unfortunately for Leon van Bon he realised too late that he
could help me. A unique chance for him to win Flanders' Finest. I
finished fifth and that was to my satisfaction. I was in contention for
the win in one of the most beautiful and hardest races. Those were my
expectations. Three years ago was the last time I acted on this level.
Four months ago I didn't think it would be easy to reach this level. I
mean, I sure had taken into account I would need more time. Not so! This
Saturday the Ronde (van Drenthe). In two weeks my next goal: AGR!

Source: http://www.erikdekker.nl/nieuws.php